Saturday, September 10, 2011

Food Fail

It's been awhile since I've blogged, partly cos I'm not sure what to write about and partly cos I've been busy and haven't had time to, but today I had a bit of a fail which I thought would be funny to tell you about.


At school there is someone who cooks lunch every day for the teachers. Every 2 weeks, she puts out the menu for the following 2 weeks, I look at what's being served then go to the accounts office and order my lunch (it's 85 rupees if pre-ordered and 100 rupees if ordered on the day so I usually try to pre-order). Most of the food she cooks is really good but there are a few dishes that I avoid if possible.

One of those meals is this bean and paneer dish which I don't particularly like. 'What's paneer?' you may be asking - good question...I don't really know. It's some kind of cheese with a really weird texture that is often put in curries or as a topping on pizzas.

So over the past few months, whenever the menu's come out I've looked to see if I could spot the dish but I didn't know what it was called which made it a bit hard to avoid it.

One day, I went to the cook and asked her what the dish is called. In response she said 'Oh, do you like that one? I'll cook it for you soon!'. Gauging her enthusiasm, I couldn't well tell her that I didn't like the dish so just smiled and went away.

A few weeks ago when the menu came out, I saw that this paneer dish was on the menu so I made of point of not ordering it and hoped that the cook wouldn't notice.

Sucks to be me - she noticed.

Today (the day the dish was to be served) I was in the staffroom at morning tea time and she called me into the kitchen, saying 'look what's for lunch today! Do you want to order it?!' She then went over to the lunch order list and pointed out that I hadn't ordered lunch for today. Awkward since she could see that I'd ordered lunch for every other day for the past 2 weeks!

Then, at lunch when I went to get my food, she kept saying 'this is Sandra's best meal!' and gave me a bigger than usual serving.

FAIL!!!!!

Oh well...looking forward to more adventures ahead!

3 comments:

Tim said...

so... did you eat it?

Sandra Oh said...

Yes...but i gave the paneer chunks to another (hungry male) teacher so just had the bean bits with rice but still couldn't finish it! I walked into the kitchen quickly to drop my plate off, hoping that the cook wouldn't see my plate with left over food.

Tim said...

bum bum bummmmmm!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates | Web Hosting Deals