Monday, September 6, 2010

Koh Samui = Island Paradise

I started this blog to keep people up-to-date on my adventures in Nepal, and now that I've arrived, I thought it was about time I posted again (sorry for my laziness over the last few months...now that I'm here, I'll endeavour to post a bit more regularly). But before I write about Nepal, let me tell you about the awesome holiday I just had...


Oh my gosh! If you have ever want to go to an island paradise, then Koh Samui is it! It was amazing, from start to finish!!!!!

Hannah (my friend that I was travelling with) and I were met at the airport by someone from the Samui Reef View Resort where we were staying, and after unpacking our stuff a bit, Hannah and I went and lounged by the pool for awhile, had some lunch, then headed into Lamai - the 2nd biggest city area on the island. After a massage on the beach, we swam for a bit, then grabbed some delicious food for dinner - pad thai, mango smoothie, mango sticky rice and banana and nutella pancake. YUM!!!

The next day, we hired a scooter and checked out other parts of the island. We headed to some waterfalls which were a bit ordinary, then went up to Chaweng - the busiest part of Samui. After cruising around for awhile, trying to find our way, we made it to the beach where we swam, chatted to some Burmese and Nepali people we met, then got red curry for dinner. On the way back to the resort, we found a fruit stand so Hannah stocked up on fruit which we ate on our balcony while watching the lightning. Perfect!

Our last full day on the island was actually spent off the island. We took a snorkeling tour to nearby KohTao and Koh Nangyuan. STUNNING!!!! The beaches there were amazing and the fish and sea life we saw were really beautiful! The highlight was swimming amongst a massive school of fish, as well as seeing this mini shark kinda thing. Was really cool!!!!

On our last day, we headed back into Lamai, hang out on the beach, ate an awesome lunch which we bought from people selling stuff on the beach (smoked corn and papaya salad), got another massage, went back to the resort to pack up our stuff, then was brought to the most amazing airport I've ever been to!

Apparently, the airport was only built 2 years ago, and it is REALLY modern! After checking in, as you walk to the boarding gates, you walk through this outdoor mall area which has heaps of cool shops! Then, you get to the boarding gate which is like a lounge and there is a courtesy corner with free food! If we'd known the aiport was gonna be so fantastic, we woulda arrived earlier! :-)

I'm now in Nepal (arrived yesterday) but will write more about my first impressions when I get a chance in the next few days.

Looking forward to the adventures ahead! xoxo

2 comments:

Tim said...

an airport with free food?!
unheard of!

Sandra Oh said...

It was AMAZING!!!!! The food itself was pretty average, but just the fact that it was there, and for FREE! Pretty awesome!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates | Web Hosting Deals