Monday, September 20, 2010

realestate.com - Nepal Needs You!

Just this weekend, I moved out of the house I'd been staying in since arriving in Kathmandu.


The KISC hostel was a great place to stay upon arrival in Nepal, but hearing that I would be sharing a bedroom with another girl and a bathroom with 5 others for the next 4 months quickly put me on the look out for somewhere else to live.

Luckily, an Australian named Antonia (also a teacher at KISC) had a spare room at her apartment and so, I decided to move in with her...for the time being.

Although Antonia's apartment is nice, I want to find a place that I really like that I can set up as my own, and so, began the search for a place to call home.

Now if I were to search for an apartment back in Melbourne, I would jump on realestate.com.au, domain.com.au or one of those other realestate websites, check out apartments that look good, then go and visit them. Not so in Nepal.

I heard of this business called TJ's Home Finder where you go into the office, tell the guy (I don't think his name's TJ) what you're looking for, and he'll help find you a place. So today after my Nepali language class, I went over to TJ's for a chat. He told me about a few places, then I hopped on his colleague's motorbike and we cruised around the area, stopping every couple of minutes to look at a property. I must have gone to 6 or 7 places but unfortunately, none of them were really what I'm after.

I'm hoping to find a furnished 2 bedroom apartment on the 1st or 2nd floor (most 'houses' are 3 floors) that has a good water supply, isn't too noisy (which may be an obstacle as a lot of landlords have dogs) and is close to school. I'm not in a rush to move out of Antonia's, but it'd be good if I can find something in the next couple of weeks so that I can be a bit more settled. Your prayer for this would be VERY much appreciated!

Oh well...looking forward to the adventures (of house hunting) ahead!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates | Web Hosting Deals